1. What information do we collect and receive
You are under no obligation to provide personal information to us. However, if you choose to withhold the information or to revoke permission for us to receive the information, we may be unable to provide certain aspects of our Services to you. Please note that any information you post or disclose through the Services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public after your Account has been deactivated, terminated or otherwise closed. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information on the Services.
We may collect and receive information from you in the following situations:
- When you register for an account with us (“Account”).
- When you choose to connect your Account with an external third party service or application, such as Facebook.
- When you use the features and functions available on our Services, for example, by creating listings, interacting with other users through our chat feature, transacting with other users or leaving comments and reviews.
- We may collect the physical location of your device in order to record and publish information on your position and to show you products offered by users close to you. Free Good may collect this information by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such collection and use of your device’s location, but it may affect the possibility of using the Services.
- We may receive information about you from other users, such as when they connect their address book to our Services, invite you to use our Services, post a photo of you, or include you in a moment or at a location.
- If you contact us, for example, with a query or to report a problem.
If you provide us information relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their information for the respective purposes.
2. How we use the information we collect
We may use the information collected and received from you for the purposes listed below. In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us.
- Enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms of Service.
- To send you service-related messages including, without limitation, a welcome/confirmation email when you register your Account and to enforce our Terms of Service and other policies.
- Respond to your queries, manage your account and provide you with customer support.
- Carry out polls, surveys, analysis and research on how our Services are being used and how we can improve them.
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver and maintain our Services.
- To update you on your listings and our Services (e.g. new offers, new chats, new feedback, new comments).
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content.
- Perform website or mobile application analytics.
- Develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites.
- Customise the content shown to you.
- To send you marketing and/or promotional materials on the latest products and services of Free Good or carefully selected third parties.
- We may also use any Content you create as part of using the Services, including the uploaded photo or image of the product as well as other data (including and not limited to user name and location), for our own advertising purposes, including social media, Facebook ads, newsletters and ads for any media.
Messages from Free Good will be sent to you via email and/or through push notifications. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages from Free Good, unless you deactivate your account.
3. What information do we share
We may share information about you and/or your activities on our Services in the following circumstances:
- When you register for an Account, other users of our Services may view the information, which you make available on your profile. Other users of our Services would also be able to view the Content that you upload and share on our Services
- We may share the information with our affiliates and with third party service providers who assist us in performing certain aspects of our Services on our behalf, such as processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks. Such service providers will only have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
- We may use or disclose the personal information we collect from you as we believe necessary or appropriate, including, but not limited to, using and disclosing personal information for the following purposes: to protect people or property, to protect our services, rights or property, to comply with legal requirements, to respond to legal process or law enforcement requests and to comply with requests from other public and government authorities.
- If you access our Service from a third party social platform, such as Facebook, we may be required to share information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We respect your privacy and we will not sell your personal information to any third party. We may disclose data and aggregate statistics about users of our Services and sales to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties in order to describe our Services, deliver targeted advertisements or for other lawful purposes, but these data and statistics will not include information which can be used to identify you.
4. Transfer of information
5. Our commitment to secure the information collected
The security of your information is important to us. We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information collected for use of our Services. Sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) will be encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. Consequently, Free Good cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. Your use of the App and Services is at your own risk.
It is important that you protect against unauthorised access of your Account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and Account secure (e.g. by signing out after using our Services).
6. Accessing and updating your information
You can request for the personal data that Free Good has holds on you at any time by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For your protection, we may only respond to requests for the personal information associated with the email address you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as we can. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and may give you reasons for doing so.
Where you have requested for a copy of the information we hold about you, we may charge a reasonable administrative fee to cover the costs of responding to your request. If we decide to do so, we will provide you with a written estimate of such fee beforehand.
7. Tracking technologies
We may use tracking technologies on our Services. These enable us to understand how you use our Services which, in turn, helps us to provide and improve our Services. However, the tracking technologies do not access, receive or collect information which can be used to identify you.
We have listed below some examples of the tracking technologies used on our Services:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small data file sent from a website to your browser that is stored on your device. Cookies are used for a number of purposes, including to display the most appropriate content based on your interests and activity on our Services, estimate and report our Service\\’s total audience size and traffic, and conduct research to improve our Services. You can configure your device\\’s settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of our Services.
- Clear gifs. We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons or web bugs) to help us better manage content on our Services by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user\\’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
- Flash cookies. We use Flash cookies (a.k.a local shared objects or LSOs) to store some of your viewing preferences on our Services. These are used to collect and store information, but differ from browser cookies in the amount, type and manner in which data is stored.
8. Changes to this Policy
9. Third parties
10. Contact us