What is Freegood?
The Freegood mobile app provides a platform for individuals and organisations to giveaway and request for goods. Freegood is a hassle free way to help others and the environment. Our aim is to reduce waste and inspire good in others through giving. Users simply list items they need or items they want to give away and mutually agree on a time and place to exchange.
Can I buy or sell on Freegood?
You cannot buy or sell items on Freegood. Freegood is free to use and everything posted must be free with no strings attached so buying, selling, trading and bartering are not permitted. Users found to be doing this will likely be removed or banned the service.
Can I sell an item I get through Freegood?
Profiteering from Freegood is not permitted. If you are found to be reselling things you got from Freegood then you will be banned from the service. If you received an item from Freegood that you no longer require then post it back on Freegood for someone else to use and benefit.
Are delivery charges permitted?
Delivery and postal charges are permitted and need to be mutually agreed by the users. Make sure your listings state this and use the chat function to clarify if needed.
Are items picked up, delivered or mailed?
Because items are given away for free, it is expected that the person receiving the item will bear any cost of pick-up and pick-up at a time and place that is mutually convenient. Use the chat function to agree on the details. Always exercise safety and meet in public places if you are unsure.
How do I choose who to give my item to?
It’s completely up to you! Some people choose the first person to respond, some give it to the first person that can collect while others may want to give it to those they feel need it the most. When you’re choosing, you might want to see the user profile or use the private chat to get to know the person on the other side, agree on when and where and Freegood!
How can I prevent no-shows?
It can be annoying when someone arranges to come and pickup an item you’re offering and then doesn’t show up. Here are some tips to minimize no-shows:
- Don’t simply choose the first person to respond. Gather a few replies and choose someone who you think is most likely to show up.
- In your item listing, specify when you would like the item picked up. You can also ask people to provide dates and times that they can pickup the item.
- Review the user profile and ratings to determine reliability
- Use the chat function to mutually agree on pick-up / delivery times
How do I handle no-shows?
Most people give the user a second chance as there maybe unforeseen circumstances. It’s always a good idea to collect a few replies to your offers before closing a transaction. This makes it easier to give away your item without having to repost. Reviewing your transaction and providing feedback on the user is a good way to make Freegood a reliable community.
What listings are prohibited?
Freegood prohibits the listing of any items that are illegal under any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation at a local, state, provincial, national or international level.
Some examples of items that are not allowed are below:
- Photo or text containing a reference to another website, app or merchant
- An item not intended to be given away
- Obscene Material and all types of Pornography
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco and vape products
- Blood, bodily fluids and body parts
- Counterfeit products
- Databases containing personal data
- Embargoed Goods
- Illegal Drugs, drug paraphernalia
- Controlled chemical substances
- Prescription medicine
- All types of illegal services and products
What are the Terms of Service of freegood?